Job experience Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Hopeful Esq.

New

Job experience

Post by Hopeful Esq. » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:57 am

At the moment I’m in my junior year of undergrad. In freshmen year of college I had to get heavily involved in my dad’s business due to family matters that limited his desire and role for a while. During this time, I’ve also taken a professional course and become a certified operator in my state. During the school year I roughly work 20 hours and the summers I work roughly 40 hours. How would this translate as a soft for work experience? Is it worth getting an internship this summer or should I just continue to do this and get everything ready to apply early next fall? Would my time be better spent taking extra courses and studying for the LSAT or doing an internship?

The Lsat Airbender

Gold

Re: Job experience

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:08 am

- That's a somewhat above-average amount of work for someone still in college, but you're still "K-JD". Standard wisdom nowadays, for a variety of reasons, is to work and live on your own after college rather than going straight to law school.

- Literally no difference (from a LS admissions perspective) between an internship and a normal job for the summer, unless one or the other is particularly (un)impressive.

- You can study for the LSAT perfectly fine while working a 40-hour week.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”