Retake and Reapply Advice Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
future_IP_lawyer23

New

Retake and Reapply Advice

Post by future_IP_lawyer23 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:49 pm

So I got into some T14s but all my options are pretty pricey. I thought about retaking and reapplying. If my score isn't that much better, I might just do ED and apply early.

I took the September 2018 LSAT but a student group at the University that was hosting the testing center scheduled a music festival for the same day as the LSAT. Music was blaring throughout the entire exam, and I scored a 166 whereas my PTs were in the low to mid 17Xs.

Here's the catch. During my last semester of undergrad, I only needed to take two classes but I wanted to challenge myself (for some reason). So I took a senior level digital circuit design class and a second year graduate analog circuit design class in addition to two more manageable classes. I had to pull one or two all nighters a week to keep up with the workload. Eventually, I got sick, partly I think due to not taking care of myself. I decided it was best for me to drop the two extra classes, which brought me below the full-time student threshold. Additionally, I already dropped two classes (although that didn't seem to impact my acceptances).

Will the two additional class drops severely impact my ability to get back into the T14s I was accepted to or would it not really matter? Thanks.

cavalier1138

Re: Retake and Reapply Advice

Post by cavalier1138 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:58 pm

I don't think the last bit matters, unless it brought your GPA down significantly from where it was this year.

Absolutely retake. The difference between a 166 and a 170+ can be six-figure scholarships at these schools.

future_IP_lawyer23

New

Re: Retake and Reapply Advice

Post by future_IP_lawyer23 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:32 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:I don't think the last bit matters, unless it brought your GPA down significantly from where it was this year.

Absolutely retake. The difference between a 166 and a 170+ can be six-figure scholarships at these schools.

Because I dropped the classes, my GPA is the same. The drops don't get calculated into my GPA. I mean strictly speaking my GPA is slightly higher but not by much. The difference is a 3.89 and 3.8925

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”