Will LSAT/GPA averages and tuition keep climbing over the next 5-10 years? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Bonzeye

New

Will LSAT/GPA averages and tuition keep climbing over the next 5-10 years?

Post by Bonzeye » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:50 pm

I'd be interested in finding out how things will change. It seems that averages and tuition are already so high (at top schools) that further increases seem unrealistic. Will these trends continue, given how competitive schools are about rankings?

A member of my family is interested in contributing to my tuition if I go to UPenn (his alma matter), but I am unsure how the landscape of admissions will change by the time I am finally apply. As I am just starting undergrad, I am at least 4 years away from applying, if not more.

QContinuum

Re: Will LSAT/GPA averages and tuition keep climbing over the next 5-10 years?

Post by QContinuum » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:01 pm

Bonzeye wrote:A member of my family is interested in contributing to my tuition if I go to UPenn (his alma matter), but I am unsure how the landscape of admissions will change by the time I am finally apply. As I am just starting undergrad, I am at least 4 years away from applying, if not more.
Kudos on starting to think about this process so early on. The best thing you can do now is to focus on doing well in college. Put law school admissions completely out of your head. You can't apply now anyway, so why worry about what trends might or might not develop?

Most importantly, don't forget to explore your interests and keep an open mind. I've said this a number of times on this forum, but when I was a freshman in college, I would've laughed at anyone who told me I'd go to law school one day. Back then I was 200% committed to going to med school. So you never know! College is both your best and your last chance to really discover yourself. If you keep an open mind, you might just be surprised at what you find. (Law school admissions doesn't care about what you major in or what extracurriculars you do, anyway, so even approaching this from a law school admissions lens, you still shouldn't feel any constraint on freely exploring your interests.)

If you remain interested in law school by the time you enter your senior year, that's when you can start thinking about what kind of legal work you might want to do and what law schools might make sense to target.

nixy

Gold

Re: Will LSAT/GPA averages and tuition keep climbing over the next 5-10 years?

Post by nixy » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:59 pm

Tuition can always keep going up (and it will).

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”