What are ways to get admitted into Harvard without taking a year or two off post grad? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
flyinglow

New

Re: What are ways to get admitted into Harvard without taking a year or two off post grad?

Post by flyinglow » Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:26 am

Need an update from OP

nixy

Gold

Re: What are ways to get admitted into Harvard without taking a year or two off post grad?

Post by nixy » Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:14 am

I would be very curious how they look at their posts 3 years later.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:29 am

nixy wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:14 am
I would be very curious how they look at their posts 3 years later.
There are so many posters from a few years ago who I would love to hear from now. Outside of a few outlier posts, we almost never get to hear from people who felt that they were being led astray by the TLS hive mind.

criminologygeek

New

Post by criminologygeek » Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:19 am

This is a bit years in (3 years to be exact) and if anyone ever comes back to this thread, let me tell you, I WAS DREAMING BIG. When I wrote this thread, I was a freshman in college convinced I was somehow going to graduate and go straight to Harvard law school. At that point, I did not even take a diagnostic test to even see where I was at, and I had no related intern or work experience. Since then, I found it helpful to have some experience under my belt before concentrating about what fancy law school to attend. I interned at my state's federal public defenders office and I have worked at 2 different law firms since then. While working, I actually ended up studying for the LSAT my senior year of college-NOT freshman, so I was over here blabbing on this form for no reason. Second, I am taking my LSAT this November, and I have not reached my goal LSAT score with my Preptests. I still have to write my personal statement essay AND get my letter of rec from the law firm I am working at.

So, my advice now, it's VERY difficult to go into a T14 school straight out of University. It has definitely helped to intern and work to get real world experience and add to my resume. I remembered I wrote this thread back during my freshman year of college when I was cocky and fighting with everyone on this forum, so I thought I should add to this in present day.

In my defense, I watched too much Legally Blonde, and Elle Woods made it look like a piece of cake to get into Harvard.

Chubbyleaous

New

Post by Chubbyleaous » Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:53 am

We all like typing about Harvard, which is in the news this very day! Don't forget to access the oral arguments for you listening pleasure.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Chubbyleaous

New

Post by Chubbyleaous » Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:08 am

Anyone know the percentage of Harvard Law Students who took off a year or two prior to enrolling? And when I say took off, I don't mean they went to the beach.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”