Questions about ED and my chance Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jiaxx95

New

Questions about ED and my chance

Post by jiaxx95 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:21 pm

Hi TLSers,

I have some questions about applying ED. Can I apply for several early binding decision? I seemed to remember that it is allowable and if admitted I just need to revoke other applications. And according to the words of early decision contract, school use "you MAY NOT apply other early binding decision...".
I just want to confirm that whether I can apply Cornell, Northwestern and NYU early binding decision at the same time? (I noticed that Upenn has expressed words that students can only apply to one early binding decision but both NYU and Cornell have not)

And I am also wondering what my chance at those school's ED (NYU, UVA, Northwestern, Cornell, GULC)?

My statistics: LSAT 168/ graduate(LL.M. gpa) 3.89/ UGPA(3.84) one year intern after LL.M. (international stu.)

Thank you so much!

Wubbles

Bronze

Re: Questions about ED and my chance

Post by Wubbles » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:39 pm

I'd wager you'll get into Cornell and Northwestern regular decision anyway, so I'd apply ED to Northwestern for a shot at the scholarship and apply regular everywhere else.

mmac

New

Post by mmac » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:19 pm

My understanding is that you cannot apply ED to more than one school at a time. If a school defers you to RD then you could apply ED somewhere else. You are talking about potentially destroying your legal career before it has even begun by playing fast and loose with the rules related to ED if you apply ED to more than one school at a time. This has been covered extensively on this forum so do some searches. From one search:

Re: Multiple Early Decision applications help....
Postby Cupidity » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:57 pm

If this actually happens to you, you will likely have your admissions offers rescinded from all the schools you applied to

Yes, this sounds harsh...but it has happened multiple times. Guy ED'd to Columbia and Texas, got into columbia....later columbia rescinded his admission, as did texas, and the highest ranked school he got into was pepperdine. BEWARE

pumpmeup

New

Post by pumpmeup » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:19 pm

I would say your ED chances at NYU based on those stats are somewhat good (maybe a bit below 50%) depending on your softs

jiaxx95

New

Post by jiaxx95 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:03 am

Wubbles wrote:I'd wager you'll get into Cornell and Northwestern regular decision anyway, so I'd apply ED to Northwestern for a shot at the scholarship and apply regular everywhere else.
Thank you so much for your reply.
I would be happy if I can get in any one of T-14.

One thing is that I took many times of LSAT(around 5-6 times and 3 times 168 :cry: :cry: ) I think maybe it is considered to be a negative thing?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jiaxx95

New

Post by jiaxx95 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:05 am

mmac wrote:My understanding is that you cannot apply ED to more than one school at a time. If a school defers you to RD then you could apply ED somewhere else. You are talking about potentially destroying your legal career before it has even begun by playing fast and loose with the rules related to ED if you apply ED to more than one school at a time. This has been covered extensively on this forum so do some searches. From one search:

Re: Multiple Early Decision applications help....
Postby Cupidity » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:57 pm

If this actually happens to you, you will likely have your admissions offers rescinded from all the schools you applied to

Yes, this sounds harsh...but it has happened multiple times. Guy ED'd to Columbia and Texas, got into columbia....later columbia rescinded his admission, as did texas, and the highest ranked school he got into was pepperdine. BEWARE
Thank you so much! I try to search but maybe I use wrong key words.
I will keep in mind of that. Thank you!

jiaxx95

New

Post by jiaxx95 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:12 am

pumpmeup wrote:I would say your ED chances at NYU based on those stats are somewhat good (maybe a bit below 50%) depending on your softs
Thank you so much. I think my soft is not so strong and as for internationals it is more difficult as my LSAT is below NYU's medium and I have multiple LSAT scores.
Thank you so much!

Dcc617

Gold

Post by Dcc617 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:01 am

You almost certainly have to apply ED one school at a time. Also, ED should be used by people to whom money is not a concern at all. Are you in that position?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”