WUSTL Early Interview Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Marisarose24

New

WUSTL Early Interview

Post by Marisarose24 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:42 am

Has anyone done the early interview at WUSTL? Since it's too early to submit an application I'm a bit confused by it - but was offered one and had been planning to apply - so it would seem remiss to not do it. Would love to hear from anyone who has done it in the past. Did you send them a resume, PS etc. before your interview?

Thanks team!

BobLoblaw18

New

Re: WUSTL Early Interview

Post by BobLoblaw18 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:19 am

Hi! I did one last summer sometime in July and will be starting as a WUSTL 1L next month. It is my understanding that prospective applicants are selected to interview early solely on the basis of their June LSAT score. The interview was fairly informal, and since you're going to apply to WUSTL eventually anyway, already having interviewed when you submit your app will perhaps make your decision come a bit quicker.

I did not submit a résumé or any other materials prior to interviewing, and to my knowledge neither did any of the other folks I know who did an early interview last cycle. Be prepared to explain your rationale for attending law school, answer basic questions about yourself (school, work experience, etc), and knowing a few concrete things that interest you about WUSTL doesn't hurt either. Having some genuine questions about the school that can just be answered by looking at the website is a big plus too. I was a hard splitter last cycle (168 LSAT sub-3.0 GPA) so I took a minute or so during the interview to explain the extenuating circumstances I hoped they would take into account re: my GPA.

The interview will probably only be about 15-20 min at most. Good luck!

Marisarose24

New

Post by Marisarose24 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:17 pm

Thank you so much! This is extremely helpful!

BobLoblaw18

New

Post by BobLoblaw18 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:59 pm

Marisarose24 wrote:Thank you so much! This is extremely helpful!
No problem! Feel free to shoot me any other questions about the apps process, especially with respect to WUSTL

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”