Including Publication "Acknowledgement" as Part of Resume Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bigflaw_ruleofjaw

New

Including Publication "Acknowledgement" as Part of Resume

Post by bigflaw_ruleofjaw » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:55 pm

Hello,

I have a 3.56 and 173 and am applying broadly through the T14. I would like to attend HLS, which I recognize is a reach.

In constructing my resume, I have encountered somewhat of an unusual problem. As part of my previous work, I was published as an author in a scientific journal, which I have included on my resume under "Publications."

I was also "acknowledged" as a member of the study team (but not credited as an author) in a separate article that was published in the New England Journal of Medicine. I am unsure whether I should include this.

On the one hand, I know I need to give my application a boost to stand out in a way from my raw numbers. At the same time, I don't want it to appear that I am trying to drum up credentials where they don't exist. I recognize this isn't likely to move the needle a great deal either way, but am curious as to thoughts.

Thank you.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: Including Publication "Acknowledgement" as Part of Resume

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:02 pm

I would not include it because it looks like you're stretching. Presumably being part of that research team is somewhere on your resume, which is what really matters; I think the assumption would be that if you're part of a research group, you contributed to the research that group ultimately published.

rpupkin

Platinum

Re: Including Publication "Acknowledgement" as Part of Resume

Post by rpupkin » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:10 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:I would not include it because it looks like you're stretching.
Agreed.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”