Disclosure questions for specific apps Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jci007

New

Disclosure questions for specific apps

Post by jci007 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:09 am

I had a quick question regarding the character and fitness sections for a few specific schools. I know most of the schools in the T14 add a stipulation to their character and fitness questions that reads something along the lines of "excluding minor traffic infractions." However, there's a few that I've seen (Cornell, NYU, Penn) that don't include this proviso and ask for. I was ticketed for failing to completely stop at a stop sign about 2 years ago and although it turned out to be a parking ticket in the end, is this included as something I should disclose/explain?

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays everyone!

jci007

New

Re: Disclosure questions for specific apps

Post by jci007 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:01 pm

Bump. Does anyone have any insight here? I've got all my apps ready to go but this little snag is killing me :(

icechicken

Bronze

Post by icechicken » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:45 pm

If the question specifically excludes "minor traffic infractions" (I've also seen "parking tickets"), then no, of course you shouldn't disclose your minor traffic infraction. On applications with more comprehensive questions, I'd err on the side of disclosing.

jci007

New

Post by jci007 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:59 pm

icechicken wrote:If the question specifically excludes "minor traffic infractions" (I've also seen "parking tickets"), then no, of course you shouldn't disclose your minor traffic infraction. On applications with more comprehensive questions, I'd err on the side of disclosing.

The two that are giving me trouble are NYU and Penn.

NYU's is: Have you ever, either as an adult or a juvenile, been charged with or convicted of any crime, or charged with or found to have committed any offense (whether or not defined as a crime), or are any such charges pending?

Penn's is: 5. Have you ever, either as an adult or a juvenile, been arrested, charged, cited, or convicted of a crime (including misdemeanors), or is any charge now pending against you? (This should include matters that have been expunged or subject to a diversionary program.)

NYU's contains that proviso of "whether or not defined as a crime" that I'm not sure how to handle. Any help is much appreciated.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”