LSAC account on hold because of fee waiver appeal... Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
BU2014

New

LSAC account on hold because of fee waiver appeal...

Post by BU2014 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:13 pm

I took the December lsat (PAID $$$) and then started to appeal for a lsac waiver.

Well, now my December score is going to be held until the appeal is decided...scores come out tomorrow (I was more okay with this before since they were supposed to be released Jan 3 and not so early) and they are out of the office after tomorrow until Jan 2.

I sent a letter asking for them to just cancel the appeal process so that I can get my score that I paid for. No response, no appeal cancelation, and my LSAC account is still on the waiver hold.

At this point it just makes me want to wait til next cycle to apply. Everyone is going to be able to apply early when I won't even have my score back until most likely January 10th or later after they finally cancel my appeal. I called and they said they can't lift it on the phone and it takes them a week to cancel an appeal (why?).

Anyone have ANY advice on how I can get this appeal lifted so that I can have my score before mid-january? Should I just keep calling tomorrow until I get to someone who can help in my unique situation?

I am NOT blaming this on LSAC, but it's just really frustrating how they aren't willing to work with me on this unique situation and let me receive a score I actually paid for when I am 100% okay with them just cancelling the appeal process for me. You would think they would be more flexible with the LSAT becoming less of a part of the process with the GRE introduction...

LSlyfe

Bronze

Re: LSAC account on hold because of fee waiver appeal...

Post by LSlyfe » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:45 am

BU2014 wrote:I took the December lsat (PAID $$$) and then started to appeal for a lsac waiver.

Well, now my December score is going to be held until the appeal is decided...scores come out tomorrow (I was more okay with this before since they were supposed to be released Jan 3 and not so early) and they are out of the office after tomorrow until Jan 2.

I sent a letter asking for them to just cancel the appeal process so that I can get my score that I paid for. No response, no appeal cancelation, and my LSAC account is still on the waiver hold.

At this point it just makes me want to wait til next cycle to apply. Everyone is going to be able to apply early when I won't even have my score back until most likely January 10th or later after they finally cancel my appeal. I called and they said they can't lift it on the phone and it takes them a week to cancel an appeal (why?).

Anyone have ANY advice on how I can get this appeal lifted so that I can have my score before mid-january? Should I just keep calling tomorrow until I get to someone who can help in my unique situation?

I am NOT blaming this on LSAC, but it's just really frustrating how they aren't willing to work with me on this unique situation and let me receive a score I actually paid for when I am 100% okay with them just cancelling the appeal process for me. You would think they would be more flexible with the LSAT becoming less of a part of the process with the GRE introduction...
Not to state the obvious but why don't you call them? They're incredibly responsive and anytime I've needed any account action they've been able to fix it for me while I was still on the call.

Ntp73821

Silver

Post by Ntp73821 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:06 pm

TLS wrote:
Not to state the obvious but why don't you call them? They're incredibly responsive and anytime I've needed any account action they've been able to fix it for me while I was still on the call.
OP said they did call and LSAC said they can’t do it over the phone.
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSlyfe

Bronze

Post by LSlyfe » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:07 pm

Ntp73821 wrote:
TLS wrote:
OP said they did call and LSAC said they can’t do it over the phone.
MY bad, I saw the email, and thought that's what they meant. Ignore me :oops:

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:23 pm

idk I'd try calling/emailing again (sometimes it's just luck of the draw in who you talk to), but if you have to wait another week or so it's not the end of the world either.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”