Mistake on Application! Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
paralegal15

New

Mistake on Application!

Post by paralegal15 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:20 pm

So I made a bone-headed move. For two of my applications, where they ask you to list your relatives that attended their school, I misread it as "attended law school" and simply wrote down which of my relatives went to which law schools. Only two of my aunts went to law school (neither to the schools that I was applying to). I just sent my applications in yesterday, should I email the schools to ask them to take them off? Or would that just draw unnecessary attention to it? Also, does it put a serious damper on my application?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

april_ludgate

Bronze

Re: Mistake on Application!

Post by april_ludgate » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:40 pm

paralegal15 wrote:So I made a bone-headed move. For two of my applications, where they ask you to list your relatives that attended their school, I misread it as "attended law school" and simply wrote down which of my relatives went to which law schools. Only two of my aunts went to law school (neither to the schools that I was applying to). I just sent my applications in yesterday, should I email the schools to ask them to take them off? Or would that just draw unnecessary attention to it? Also, does it put a serious damper on my application?

Please let me know.

Thank you.
Email them correcting the mistake. It'll be fine.

Rigo

Diamond

Re: Mistake on Application!

Post by Rigo » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:57 am

I'd probably just leave it be. It's so minor and not a misrepresentation or anything since you also listed the correct law schools they attended.

Won't impact your app/decision.

Then again, if you're gonna stress about it for months just email them.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”