Resume Help! Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
hihelpme

New

Resume Help!

Post by hihelpme » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:27 pm

Hello,

I received a Bachelor's degree double majoring in "Politics" and "Law, Politics, and Society." This seems awkward and confusing to write on a resume, specifically because of the amount of times "and" and "politics" comes up. I currently have:

B.A. Politics and Law, Politics & Society (Double Major)

Is this clear/professional? Is B.A. the proper method or should I write "Bachelor of Arts in X"

rpupkin

Platinum

Re: Resume Help!

Post by rpupkin » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:42 pm

hihelpme wrote:Hello,

I received a Bachelor's degree double majoring in "Politics" and "Law, Politics, and Society." This seems awkward and confusing to write on a resume, specifically because of the amount of times "and" and "politics" comes up. I currently have:

B.A. Politics and Law, Politics & Society (Double Major)

Is this clear/professional?
Yes.

icechicken

Bronze

Post by icechicken » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:45 pm

When items in a list themselves contain commas, using semicolons can help disambiguate:

B.A. Law, Politics & Society; Politics

but the way you have it now is fine.

etramak

Silver

Post by etramak » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:27 pm

I just realized that my resume (sent out to a few schools already) uses the incorrect plural form of a latin noun (not the actual example, but lets say I put agendums rather than agenda). My error is more innocuous than that, but, do you think adcoms will hold it against me?

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:31 pm

etramak wrote:I just realized that my resume (sent out to a few schools already) uses the incorrect plural form of a latin noun (not the actual example, but lets say I put agendums rather than agenda). My error is more innocuous than that, but, do you think adcoms will hold it against me?
Nope.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”