Timeline between decision and acceptance Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
DistrictDisaster

Bronze

Timeline between decision and acceptance

Post by DistrictDisaster » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:52 am

I'm planning on applying to schools within the next 2 weeks, and generally happy to let things play out from there, but was hoping to take a trip out to Chicago to check out campuses and neighborhoods because both Chicago and Northwestern are really high on my preference list. Was trying to think of the ideal time to go visit and realized I don't really have a strong sense of the general timeline of how this all plays out. If I apply within the next few weeks and then get answers sometime around...December (I assume that's correct), then how long does the scholarship negotiation go on - assuming I'm lucky enough to be in that situation? How much time can and should pass between their decision and your decision between your different options? I'm guessing the answer is to wait to book anything until I see if I even get in. Thanks!

OakBrook2021

Bronze

Re: Timeline between decision and acceptance

Post by OakBrook2021 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:26 am

DistrictDisaster wrote:I'm planning on applying to schools within the next 2 weeks, and generally happy to let things play out from there, but was hoping to take a trip out to Chicago to check out campuses and neighborhoods because both Chicago and Northwestern are really high on my preference list. Was trying to think of the ideal time to go visit and realized I don't really have a strong sense of the general timeline of how this all plays out. If I apply within the next few weeks and then get answers sometime around...December (I assume that's correct), then how long does the scholarship negotiation go on - assuming I'm lucky enough to be in that situation? How much time can and should pass between their decision and your decision between your different options? I'm guessing the answer is to wait to book anything until I see if I even get in. Thanks!
I believe most schools give you until early April to put down your non-refundable seat deposit. If you want to see when those schools start handing out acceptances you could probably just go on law school numbers and sort last years applicant by decision date to get a sense of when the waves of acceptances/WL start coming in

DistrictDisaster

Bronze

Re: Timeline between decision and acceptance

Post by DistrictDisaster » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:43 am

Thanks! Going to put off any visits until I get notifications of admission (or not).

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”