Academic Drop and T10? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
1213AEM

New

Academic Drop and T10?

Post by 1213AEM » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:03 pm

Hey!
So...
During the second year of UG, I transferred from university A to university B. After the first semester at uni. B, I was academically dropped (apparently I was placed on probation, but I wasn't notified). I then took some time off to clear my head. Took additional CC classes and was readmitted. My overall GPA is currently 3.4, hoping to raise it to 3.6 or 3.7 next year (with the help of CC cushion classes). To make up for my academics, I studied constantly for the LSAT and finally received a 180. Would a 180 and overall 3.6 GPA be sufficient for T10? I really want to go to University of Chicago or Columbia, what are the chances? Do you guys think that the punitive drop really messed up my chances at any of the T10? :oops:

Thank you in advance!

Ilovemydogxo

New

Re: Academic Drop and T10?

Post by Ilovemydogxo » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:17 pm

1213AEM wrote:Hey!
So...
During the second year of UG, I transferred from university A to university B. After the first semester at uni. B, I was academically dropped (apparently I was placed on probation, but I wasn't notified). I then took some time off to clear my head. Took additional CC classes and was readmitted. My overall GPA is currently 3.4, hoping to raise it to 3.6 or 3.7 next year (with the help of CC cushion classes). To make up for my academics, I studied constantly for the LSAT and finally received a 180. Would a 180 and overall 3.6 GPA be sufficient for T10? I really want to go to University of Chicago or Columbia, what are the chances? Do you guys think that the punitive drop really messed up my chances at any of the T10? :oops:

Thank you in advance!
Retake.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: Academic Drop and T10?

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:46 pm

^Don't troll the on-topics.

OP, I am going to lock this, just because we don't do duplicate threads here.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”