Course Disclosure Question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
hamshotfirst

New

Course Disclosure Question

Post by hamshotfirst » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:55 am

The summer in-between Junior and Senior year of undergrad, I enrolled in a summer film course at the USC graduate film school (USC was not my undergrad institution). The program was completely outside my undergraduate experience, and just something I wanted to do for fun. It was only about a month and was one class. It was like paying for a class at the Y, but in a building named after George Lucas.

My issue here is that I don't know if I need to include it in the CAS/transcript portion of my LSAC app. They said they gave us a grade, but they never sent us anything after the course was over, plus when I tried to get the grade when starting my wonderful LSAC journey, the link they provided me lead someplace that didn't exist on the web anymore. I also don't know if it would matter or factor into my GPA anyway (even if I found it) because it didn't contribute to my undergrad credit and was technically part of a graduate school.

I'm confused as to what I should do here. I certainly don't want to get in trouble for not adding it if it's necessary, but I also don't want to jump through hoops if it doesn't matter. Does anyone have any advice and/or experience with this kind of thing?

cavalier1138

Re: Course Disclosure Question

Post by cavalier1138 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:55 pm

If you got credit (even if it wasn't credit at your degree-granting institution), it needs to be reported. Call the USC registrar.

hamshotfirst

New

Re: Course Disclosure Question

Post by hamshotfirst » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:26 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:If you got credit (even if it wasn't credit at your degree-granting institution), it needs to be reported. Call the USC registrar.
That's what I figured, I guess I just needed to hear someone else say it to shut up the voices in my head trying to justify ignoring it haha. Just wrapped up ordering it from their archive system. Thanks Cav! Delivering the cold, hard, but much-need truth as always!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”