Northwestern LOR? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Skadidas

New

Northwestern LOR?

Post by Skadidas » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:18 pm

Hey TLS,

Just a quick question regarding Letters of Recommendation for Northwestern. Section 15 of the application is the Letter of Recommendation section where you input the information of your recommender including their email address. Once that is submitted, will the recommender receive the CPE form electronically or must we still have them fill one out manually and mail it?

Essentially...how do we get an electronic version of the CPE submitted to our recommender and do they still require an additional formal letter of recommendation as well?

doggozeg

New

Re: Northwestern LOR?

Post by doggozeg » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:41 pm

The letter of rec process is separate from the main app you submit. You listing the emails there (if I follow you correctly) is just where the app asks for the emails as information (that go on the .pdf). It doesn't do anything. You're basically telling them which letters you intended for them to get.
Last edited by doggozeg on Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:14 am, edited 4 times in total.

sillymints7962

New

Post by sillymints7962 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:59 pm

I'd recommend getting all your LORs in before applying, though you definitely don't have to.

Skadidas

New

Post by Skadidas » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:17 pm

So is the career program evaluation form not a thing anymore? I called the admission office and she had no idea what I was talking about and said to just do what LSAC says (1 regular letter of rec)...

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:29 pm

Skadidas wrote:So is the career program evaluation form not a thing anymore? I called the admission office and she had no idea what I was talking about and said to just do what LSAC says (1 regular letter of rec)...
Yeah, they stopped that after the 2015-16 cycle, I believe.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Silver

Post by AvatarMeelo » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:08 pm

I haven't opened my app for Northwestern yet - just to be clear, when I see this, it just wants the emails of the recommenders, right? The actual letters will be sent via LSAC/CAS?

Skadidas

New

Post by Skadidas » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:25 pm

clueless801 wrote:I haven't opened my app for Northwestern yet - just to be clear, when I see this, it just wants the emails of the recommenders, right? The actual letters will be sent via LSAC/CAS?
From what I've read, that seems to be the case.

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:28 am

clueless801 wrote:I haven't opened my app for Northwestern yet - just to be clear, when I see this, it just wants the emails of the recommenders, right? The actual letters will be sent via LSAC/CAS?
yes

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”