Scholarships question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
seanbodonovan

New

Scholarships question

Post by seanbodonovan » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:07 pm

I am 28. Teach For America alumni, currently teaching middle school. I am applying for Fall of 2018. 166/3.36. I have already been accepted at UGA via e-mail. I am wondering when and how I can expect to receive scholarship offers. I am in a position where scholarships are crucial to whether I can attend (I have a mortgage and kids). I'm hoping that I can get a full ride at UGA, but I'm assuming that GSU is going to be my best bet.

Mullens

Silver

Re: Scholarships question

Post by Mullens » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:39 pm

Generally, scholarships will also come by email. Because they are separate from admissions decisions, it takes longer (November at the earliest at many schools).

NavyNuke

Bronze

Re: Scholarships question

Post by NavyNuke » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:18 pm

seanbodonovan wrote:I am 28. Teach For America alumni, currently teaching middle school. I am applying for Fall of 2018. 166/3.36. I have already been accepted at UGA via e-mail. I am wondering when and how I can expect to receive scholarship offers. I am in a position where scholarships are crucial to whether I can attend (I have a mortgage and kids). I'm hoping that I can get a full ride at UGA, but I'm assuming that GSU is going to be my best bet.

Congrats on the early acceptance! I'm also in at UGA. Looking through past UGA threads, it seems that most scholarship offers don't go out until late October/early November. Although someone did post that they were accepted in early September and got their offer a few days later. Best of luck!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”