Uk law student applying for JD Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
pnikiel97

New

Uk law student applying for JD

Post by pnikiel97 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:07 am

Hi. I'm most likely graduating with a 2:2 hence i wonder whether it precludes me from having a shot at a T14? Some people tell me that the lsat is the only thing that matters for international students and some tell me otherwise. Moreover, would i have a shot at Columbia with a very good LSAT?

Regards.

grades??

Silver

Re: Uk law student applying for JD

Post by grades?? » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:51 am

A 2:2 is bad, and will torpedo your application to t13 schools. Maybe if you get a 180 on the Lsat, but generally speaking there is almost 0% chance you get into a t13, let alone Columbia with those marks. Sorry.

DolnaRay

New

Re: Uk law student applying for JD

Post by DolnaRay » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:13 am

Most likely means you have not received a 2:2 as of yet. You might get a pleasant surprise, dont worry!

In case you do end up with a 2:2 - then don't apply to Ivies. It would be waste of time honestly. If you can manage a high LSAT - 175 + then you can hope for some good schools like WUSTL, IUB, etc. These are considered as typically splitter friendly schools.

If you find yourself in such a position - you better ask some expert here ( pm them) what are the options for someone with an lsac evaluation - average or below average.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”