LSAC GPA errors Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
HydroFlask666

New

LSAC GPA errors

Post by HydroFlask666 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:44 pm

My LSAC cumulative GPA is about .02 lower than what I had calculated it would be. My own calculations accounted for LSAC's way of grading. I called LSAC to ask about this and apparently I have enacted a "challenge" to their calculations and I should get a reply within a couple of weeks. I am certain it was an honest mistake on their part. My UG's scale is equivalent to LSAC's and I have only attended a single school and without any pre-college college credit classes. No punitive W's or NC's or anything.

So I'm wondering: Does LSAC frequently make errors in GPA calculations? What should I be expecting at this point?

This result disheartens me as I was aware of LSAC's way of calculating GPAs from the beginning and fully expected to have a certain number.

UVA2B

Gold

Re: LSAC GPA errors

Post by UVA2B » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:47 pm

It's a 0.02 GPA difference. Even if they did miscalculate it, it won't have much of an impact on your admissions results. Let them do their challenge procedure, and if you end up at a 3.68 vice a 3.7, it won't matter in the least. There are almost zero circumstances where that 0.02 will make even a modicum of difference in your application. So don't sweat it and worry about polishing the rest of your application.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”