Will Minor C & F issue affect chances? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
FatherofLiberalism

New

Will Minor C & F issue affect chances?

Post by FatherofLiberalism » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:42 pm

Will be applying to law next cycle and but am worried at a minor C & F issue will compromise my chances of being admitted to top schools, namely HYS.

Issue:
During my first year of University, some dickhead in my dorm thought it would be a good idea to deploy a fire extinguisher without good reason in the middle of the hallway at like 4:00 am. Consequently, the fire alarm was tripped and everyone was required to evacuate and congregate in the residence meal hall. After about 1 hour, I observed a large group of people who started heading back to their dorm rooms (at this point we were in the meal hall unsupervised), and inferred (perhaps erroneously in hindsight) that everything was in order and we were permitted return to our dorm rooms, so I proceeded to do the same. About a 30 minutes later I get a knock on my door, I open it and there are 2 Residence Advisors who were apparently doing room checks to verify if everyone had indeed evacuated. I explained to them that I had evacuated during the initial alarm but retired back to my room because I was under the impression that we were allowed to do so. They explained to me that this was not at all the case and I received a verbal reprimand. Later that day I received a warning letter from that Residence Advisor for "failure to evacuate during a fire drill". Nothing ever came of it however, but I reckon it was logged and put in my file or something.

Will this incident negatively affect my chances of admission? Apart from that incident, my record has been pristine, no warning/disciplinary actions for any kind of moral turpitude ect..

Not sure if this is even relevant but below is my profile:
URM (Black dude from Canada)
LSAC GPA: 3.97
LSAT: 167 (Currently studying to retake)
Softs: MSc from Oxford, academic awards, involvement in student associations etc.
Last edited by FatherofLiberalism on Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

cavalier1138

Re: Will Minor C & F issue affect chances?

Post by cavalier1138 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:44 pm

That will not affect your admission chances in the slightest. Just include the barest details in your C&F statement (you definitely don't need the whole thing you wrote here), and you'll be good to go.

cheaptilts

Silver

Post by cheaptilts » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:44 pm

Just disclose in a way that doesn't seem like you're trying to deflect responsibility away from yourself. You'll be fine. 1-2 sentences will suffice.

loser

New

Post by loser » Mon May 01, 2017 10:42 am

retake and go to HYS

RCSOB657

Gold

Post by RCSOB657 » Mon May 01, 2017 10:48 am

loser wrote:retake and go to HYS
Or Yale.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

loser

New

Post by loser » Mon May 01, 2017 11:01 am

RCSOB657 wrote:
Or Yale.
that would bet the Y in HYS

OP is URM, 3.9 GPA, with an MSc from Oxford. A few more points on the LSAT and OP is definitely in HYS territory.

RCSOB657

Gold

Post by RCSOB657 » Mon May 01, 2017 11:35 am

loser wrote:
RCSOB657 wrote:
Or Yale.
that would bet the Y in HYS

OP is URM, 3.9 GPA, with an MSc from Oxford. A few more points on the LSAT and OP is definitely in HYS territory.
I read HLS, sorry, still doped up.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”