LSAC GPA Calculation Question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
hinton2014

New

LSAC GPA Calculation Question

Post by hinton2014 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:38 pm

I retook a class because as a senior I was dumb and messed up an easy class. Anyways, I originally got a D in that class. So on my transcripts it shows "Attempted hours 3.00, earned/passed hours 0.00" but shows the grade as TD (Transfer-D) because it was a transfer credit. Does it just show that it's as earned/passed 0 credits because I'm not using it, but then will use both the grade I got but didn't use and the grade I retook and received? I originally did get credit for the class from that institution, I was just advised to retake the class because it was needed for a minor, otherwise I would not have had to retake.

Mikey

Platinum

Re: LSAC GPA Calculation Question

Post by Mikey » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:30 am

It will count. Everything up until you get issued your degree will count, even that transfer credit if you got credit for it at a prior school.

hinton2014

New

Post by hinton2014 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:36 am

Mikey wrote:It will count. Everything up until you get issued your degree will count, even that transfer credit if you got credit for it at a prior school.

Right, I know it will count. However, my question was because on the current school's transcript it shows a 0/3, will I be penalized with a F even though it was a D and I didn't need to retake unless I was a minor because a D was sufficient.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:32 pm

hinton2014 wrote:
Mikey wrote:It will count. Everything up until you get issued your degree will count, even that transfer credit if you got credit for it at a prior school.

Right, I know it will count. However, my question was because on the current school's transcript it shows a 0/3, will I be penalized with a F even though it was a D and I didn't need to retake unless I was a minor because a D was sufficient.
I would imagine you wouldn't be penalized for it with an F, as you didn't get the D in that class at your current institution. If that were to actually happen, it would be the dumbest thing for LSAC to do, but I'm sure you will be fine. Call LSAC and ask them about this, you'll have more closure from them than anyone else on here pertaining to that.

hinton2014

New

Post by hinton2014 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:39 pm

Mikey wrote:
hinton2014 wrote:

I would imagine you wouldn't be penalized for it with an F, as you didn't get the D in that class at your current institution. If that were to actually happen, it would be the dumbest thing for LSAC to do, but I'm sure you will be fine. Call LSAC and ask them about this, you'll have more closure from them than anyone else on here pertaining to that.
That's what I figured. On the current institution it shows that I transferred a D, and then retook and got an A, so I wasn't sure.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:47 pm

hinton2014 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
hinton2014 wrote:

That's what I figured. On the current institution it shows that I transferred a D, and then retook and got an A, so I wasn't sure.
Yeah I'm not 100% sure, but I would just assume you wouldn't get an F for it. It may say 0.00 because it's a transfer class, but I'm not sure because all of my transfer credits say the actual number of credits but I didn't retake any so idk.

Probably says this for you since you retook the class so the 1st time taking it is just over-rided(idk what other word to use lol) or something by the A. But LSAC will see all of this on your transcripts so you should be fine.

bmathers

Silver

Post by bmathers » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:53 pm

Mikey wrote:
hinton2014 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
hinton2014 wrote:

Yeah I'm not 100% sure, but I would just assume you wouldn't get an F for it. It may say 0.00 because it's a transfer class,
You are correct

hinton2014

New

Post by hinton2014 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:28 pm

bmathers wrote:
Mikey wrote:
hinton2014 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
hinton2014 wrote:

Yeah I'm not 100% sure, but I would just assume you wouldn't get an F for it. It may say 0.00 because it's a transfer class,
You are correct
Perfect. Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”