LOCI Advice Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
baseballfan660

Bronze

LOCI Advice

Post by baseballfan660 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:53 am

Hey everyone, I had a few questions about writing a LOCI. First, I have read that they should be no longer than a page double spaced, I just wanted to confirm that information was correct. I also am curious if it is frowned upon in our LOCI to expand on something that is already in our resume, or something we already touched on in another part of the application? I did so in order to say why I believe I'm a good fit for the school, and also once again to emphasize why the school is a good fit for me. I basically wrote why I would like to attend and how I would be a good fit for the school, but did not really provide any new info that was not already in my application. I basically framed this information in a different way and expanded on it to make the argument for me to be admitted, and why I want to attend. Is there anything else one should be doing in a LOCI? Did I make any mistakes by doing the LOCI this way (it has not been submitted yet)? Thanks in advance for your responses.

chicagoburger

Bronze

Re: LOCI Advice

Post by chicagoburger » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:31 pm

baseballfan660 wrote:Hey everyone, I had a few questions about writing a LOCI. First, I have read that they should be no longer than a page double spaced, I just wanted to confirm that information was correct. I also am curious if it is frowned upon in our LOCI to expand on something that is already in our resume, or something we already touched on in another part of the application? I did so in order to say why I believe I'm a good fit for the school, and also once again to emphasize why the school is a good fit for me. I basically wrote why I would like to attend and how I would be a good fit for the school, but did not really provide any new info that was not already in my application. I basically framed this information in a different way and expanded on it to make the argument for me to be admitted, and why I want to attend. Is there anything else one should be doing in a LOCI? Did I make any mistakes by doing the LOCI this way (it has not been submitted yet)? Thanks in advance for your responses.

Nobody reads LOCI until they evaluate your file again for a newly opened spot.
What will happen is that the staff receive your LOCI and put it into your file, that's about it.
I will say given the above fact, you are better off to send it in asap and keep it as concise as possible.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”