Undergraduate Advice Help Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Vincen97

New

Undergraduate Advice Help

Post by Vincen97 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:31 pm

I'm currently an undergrad at a state college in FL with a 3.73 in political science. I could graduate after the summer term with that GPA. This is because of how my school rewards AP credits in high school and how ridiculously easy it is to skip a year (I have about 30 credits from AP). I was wondering if I should stay in school for the next year until next spring in order to boost my GPA by taking easy classes (as I have already finished my major requirements) in order to increase my chances at getting into a top law school. Staying in school for another year will most likely boost my GPA to around a 3.8 as well as allow me to prepare more for the LSAT (I haven't taken the LSAT yet because I didn't expect to graduate early at first). Money won't be an issue as my scholarship guarantees me full tuition. What are your thoughts, is it worth it to stay another year?

zot1

Gold

Re: Undergraduate Advice Help

Post by zot1 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:50 pm

At this point, your best bet is to concentrate on the lsat. If I were you, I would graduate, get a chill part-time job, and study for the lsat like crazy. An extra GPA point means nothing if your lsat is trash.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:04 am

I'd get work experience instead and study hard for the LSAT.
It sounds like staying in school just to take bullshit classes to potentially raise your GPA .07 could potentially be a huge waste of time.

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:47 am

Vincen97 wrote:I'm currently an undergrad at a state college in FL with a 3.73 in political science. I could graduate after the summer term with that GPA. This is because of how my school rewards AP credits in high school and how ridiculously easy it is to skip a year (I have about 30 credits from AP). I was wondering if I should stay in school for the next year until next spring in order to boost my GPA by taking easy classes (as I have already finished my major requirements) in order to increase my chances at getting into a top law school. Staying in school for another year will most likely boost my GPA to around a 3.8 as well as allow me to prepare more for the LSAT (I haven't taken the LSAT yet because I didn't expect to graduate early at first). Money won't be an issue as my scholarship guarantees me full tuition. What are your thoughts, is it worth it to stay another year?
Get some work experience (perhaps in a law firm to know what you're getting into), get some money in the bank, and take the free time to study for the LSAT. A higher LSAT will do more than a .07 on your gpa. You already have a good gpa.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”