Taking Law School Application Questions (Recent CCN Grad) Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
whitecollar23

Bronze

Taking Law School Application Questions (Recent CCN Grad)

Post by whitecollar23 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:45 pm

Creating this thread to answer any questions people have about the law school application process: personal statement, resume, retaking the LSAT, negotiating scholarships, etc.

If you're looking for extensive help with your application, PM me. Otherwise, I'll provide answers as best I can in this format.

KMart

Gold

Re: Taking Law School Application Questions (Recent CCN Grad)

Post by KMart » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:34 am

what qualifies you to speak about this topic more than Mike Spivey, who also has his own thread, about these topics?

whitecollar23

Bronze

Post by whitecollar23 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:13 am

KMart wrote:what qualifies you to speak about this topic more than Mike Spivey, who also has his own thread, about these topics?
Who's that?

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:53 am

whitecollar23 wrote:
KMart wrote:what qualifies you to speak about this topic more than Mike Spivey, who also has his own thread, about these topics?
Who's that?
this

whitecollar23

Bronze

Post by whitecollar23 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:11 am

KMart wrote:
whitecollar23 wrote:
Who's that?
this
Interesting. And one is only as qualified as his/her answers. If answers are sensical and quality, that can usually be intuited.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

whitecollar23

Bronze

Post by whitecollar23 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:18 am

FYI:

My expertise is on any writing relevant to the application. With others issues, I have a broad depth of knowledge and know when I also don't know enough to answer a question.

chicagoburger

Bronze

Post by chicagoburger » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:19 am

whitecollar23 wrote:Creating this thread to answer any questions people have about the law school application process: personal statement, resume, retaking the LSAT, negotiating scholarships, etc.

If you're looking for extensive help with your application, PM me. Otherwise, I'll provide answers as best I can in this format.

Hi OP,

1. What's changing dramatically in law school admissions in the last five years and near future?

2. What kind of legal technologies do they teach in your law school?

3. How are URM students doing academically in school?

Thanks in advance

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:50 am

a few weeks ago you were comparing whether you should go to John Marshall or Depaul. Now you want to give application advice? idk if you're a troll but kindly shut the fuck up

chicagoburger

Bronze

Post by chicagoburger » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:44 am

KMart wrote:a few weeks ago you were comparing whether you should go to John Marshall or Depaul. Now you want to give application advice? idk if you're a troll but kindly shut the fuck up

I am sorry, for whatever abuse you went thru in your childhood that made you such a piece of work, kid.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

whitecollar23

Bronze

Post by whitecollar23 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:32 am

KMart wrote:a few weeks ago you were comparing whether you should go to John Marshall or Depaul. Now you want to give application advice? idk if you're a troll but kindly shut the fuck up
You either have a very vivid imagination, are confusing me with someone else, or are trolling. I'm hoping it's the first option, because that would at least be interesting.

whitecollar23

Bronze

Post by whitecollar23 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:41 am

chicagoburger wrote:
whitecollar23 wrote:Creating this thread to answer any questions people have about the law school application process: personal statement, resume, retaking the LSAT, negotiating scholarships, etc.

Hi OP,

1. What's changing dramatically in law school admissions in the last five years and near future?

2. What kind of legal technologies do they teach in your law school?

3. How are URM students doing academically in school?

Thanks in advance
1. LSAT score averages. It's getting easier and easier to get into top schools, and that will only continue unless there's an unexpected increase in number of students sitting for the LSAT.

2. WestLaw and Lexis, and some Bloomberg. But in the end, your success is the result of diving into the tools and learning by doing.

3. Varies. Correlation between LSAT and law school GPA is limited, so it's difficult to predict. Although correlation is stronger when undergraduate GPA is considered, too, URM students tend to benefit more in the application process from lower LSAT requirements than lower GPA requirements (I'm sure there's some benefit in both, but there will be a greater consistency with the LSAT benefit).

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:20 am

Dude, I get your problems with chicagoburger's shtick, but he was actually asking questions here, not answering them. Chill.

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:31 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
Dude, I get your problems with chicagoburger's shtick, but he was actually asking questions here, not answering them. Chill.
i confused chicagoburger with the OP. I see my mistake now

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”