Which T14 Schools Have Good Hiking Trails? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
catatac

New

Which T14 Schools Have Good Hiking Trails?

Post by catatac » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:34 pm

Since most are in big cities, I'm assuming not many.

SeewhathappensLarry

Bronze

Re: Which T14 Schools Have Good Hiking Trails?

Post by SeewhathappensLarry » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:42 pm

catatac wrote:Since most are in big cities, I'm assuming not many.
I can only speak for UVA but the hiking here is amazing. It's nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains in case you didn't know

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:34 pm

Not mountainous, but there are nice woods trails in Raleigh/Durham and some mountain trails are only 1.5-2 hours away.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:04 pm

Berkeley, Stanford, UVA, Cornell.
These assuming you are looking for actual grade change.
There are probably nice nature walking trails by every T14.

laqueredup

Bronze

Post by laqueredup » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:07 pm

The NYC schools have decent grade change as well, just live on the 15th floor and don't use the elevator. But yeah UVA and the bay area both have awesome hiking!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

persia1921

New

Post by persia1921 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:14 pm

I might be bias but hiking around UVA is incredible. I go every weekend (and may skip class during the week sometimes to go).

There are miles and miles of trails in and around Charlottesville. If your willing to drive you can get to skyline drive in about 30 minutes and there is endless hiking to do in the mountains.

If your willing to drive an hour you can get to some of the best hiking on the east coast. Old Rag, Spy Rock, and Devils Marble Yard come to mind.

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:54 am

Uchi and northwestern have some pretty dangerous and exciting walks

Wipfelder

Silver

Post by Wipfelder » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:02 am

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Uchi and northwestern have some pretty dangerous and exciting walks
Yea, that Magnificent Mile is dangerous as hell. Those burberry-clad Gold Coaster's are taking over the streets.

They do, however, have really easy access to the lake-shore trail. No grade change whatsoever.....but pleasant enough, and it connects with other trail systems that can get you up to WI or down to IN/MI.

splitsohard

New

Post by splitsohard » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:14 am

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Uchi and northwestern have some pretty dangerous and exciting walks

yeah, lots of potholes and tourists creating some challenging obstacles in your way :P

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:17 am

splitsohard wrote:
yeah, lots of potholes and tourists creating some challenging obstacles in your way :P
I heard there was *gasp* MUR-DER :shock:

splitsohard

New

Post by splitsohard » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:21 am

Rigo wrote:
splitsohard wrote:

Well in all fairness, it's not called 'Ch-iraq' for nothing.

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:35 am

splitsohard wrote:
Rigo wrote:
splitsohard wrote:

good ole trump about to send the feds in, obstacles galore

splitsohard

New

Post by splitsohard » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:36 am

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
splitsohard wrote:
Rigo wrote:
splitsohard wrote:

Trump is going to destroy everything in Chicago by sending in the Feds.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Wipfelder

Silver

Post by Wipfelder » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:37 am

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
splitsohard wrote:
Rigo wrote:
splitsohard wrote:

The Federal Government is definetely effective at bringing peace to large urban areas, Mogadishu and Baghdad come to mind.

But seriously, NU and UCHI are both in very safe areas. UCHI is "near" rougher areas, but they still arn't that bad, but one does need to keep their wits about them.

splitsohard

New

Post by splitsohard » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:46 am

Wipfelder wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
splitsohard wrote:
Rigo wrote:
splitsohard wrote:

The Federal Government is definetely effective at bringing peace to large urban areas, Mogadishu and Baghdad come to mind.

But seriously, NU and UCHI are both in very safe areas. UCHI is "near" rougher areas, but they still arn't that bad, but one does need to keep their wits about them.

I do hope you're joking. The federal government was effective at bringing peace to Baghdad?? Is the creation of ISIS, murder of over 100,000 people, and destruction of most of the infrastructure something that brought about peace? A little insight into the history of Iraq (or specifically Baghdad) for the last 30 years would suggest otherwise. How is Baghdad socio-politically or even economically similar to Chicago where your analogy even makes sense lol

Shooting criminals shows a big misunderstanding for what is actually creating opportunities for "criminals" to be born. Fix those problems, don't kill/imprison the symptoms (because they'll keep being reproduced). What a waste of money, time, and resources.

Anyways, I agree about NU and UChi being in safe areas. NU is between loop/streeterville area which is definitely pretty safe. UChi's Hyde Park campus is OK but you definitely still need to be careful. I'd say you're fine with both and I can't think of a law school in Chicago that is in an unsafe neighborhood. Though, just because your school is in a relatively safe neighborhood doesnt mean you wont be going into other neighborhoods. If you're in the mood for venturing through the city then you should be especially careful about where you go and what you do.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:49 am

Pretty sure it was sarcasm.

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:49 am

im going to assume that was sarcasm about baghdad

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:50 am

Rigo wrote:Pretty sure it was sarcasm.
dont beat me to the punch

Sombra2017

New

Post by Sombra2017 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:53 am

Last edited by Sombra2017 on Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

splitsohard

New

Post by splitsohard » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:54 am

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
Rigo wrote:Pretty sure it was sarcasm.
dont beat me to the punch

damn. my excuse is I haven't had my coffee.

Wipfelder

Silver

Post by Wipfelder » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:58 am

splitsohard wrote:
Wipfelder wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
splitsohard wrote:
Rigo wrote:
splitsohard wrote:

I do hope you're joking. The federal government was effective at bringing peace to Baghdad?? Is the creation of ISIS, murder of over 100,000 people, and destruction of most of the infrastructure something that brought about peace? A little insight into the history of Iraq (or specifically Baghdad) for the last 30 years would suggest otherwise. How is Baghdad socio-politically or even economically similar to Chicago where your analogy even makes sense lol

Shooting criminals shows a big misunderstanding for what is actually creating opportunities for "criminals" to be born. Fix those problems, don't kill/imprison the symptoms (because they'll keep being reproduced). What a waste of money, time, and resources.

Anyways, I agree about NU and UChi being in safe areas. NU is between loop/streeterville area which is definitely pretty safe. UChi's Hyde Park campus is OK but you definitely still need to be careful. I'd say you're fine with both and I can't think of a law school in Chicago that is in an unsafe neighborhood. Though, just because your school is in a relatively safe neighborhood doesnt mean you wont be going into other neighborhoods. If you're in the mood for venturing through the city then you should be especially careful about where you go and what you do.
I live a few miles out of Hyde Park, I don't think I ever really see UCHI students, they are an insular group.

I was really joking about Baghdad and Mogadishu...........I spent quite a bit of time in one of those places, and many of my compatriots from those days are in leadership positions in the federal agencies that would in fact come to Chicago. It probably won't be such a great experience for anyone involved.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

splitsohard

New

Post by splitsohard » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:01 pm

I live a few miles out of Hyde Park, I don't think I ever really see UCHI students, they are an insular group.

I was really joking about Baghdad and Mogadishu...........I spent quite a bit of time in one of those places, and many of my compatriots from those days are in leadership positions in the federal agencies that would in fact come to Chicago. It probably won't be such a great experience for anyone involved.[/quote]

Sorry. High key embarrassed I didn't read into your sarcasm. :oops:

Wipfelder

Silver

Post by Wipfelder » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:03 pm

splitsohard wrote:I live a few miles out of Hyde Park, I don't think I ever really see UCHI students, they are an insular group.

I was really joking about Baghdad and Mogadishu...........I spent quite a bit of time in one of those places, and many of my compatriots from those days are in leadership positions in the federal agencies that would in fact come to Chicago. It probably won't be such a great experience for anyone involved.

Sorry. High key embarrassed I didn't read into your sarcasm. :oops:[/quote]

Totally cool.

There are, in fact, a great many people (mostly military people) who think we actually won the Iraq war, and did a great job in Baghdad/Iraq. The DoD is an Echo Chamber of frightening proportions.

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:09 pm

a war on terror is about as winnable as a war on drugs

KissMyAxe

Bronze

Post by KissMyAxe » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:10 pm

All these people have to be joking. Sure, if you want beautiful scenery, go to UVA. But if you really want some cardio and to get your heart rate up, only Yale's hiking will satisfy that thirst.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”