Submitting LSAT score addendum Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
cam1992

New

Submitting LSAT score addendum

Post by cam1992 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:53 am

Planning on submitting all of my applications today and I have a question about submitting a LSAT score addendum. I know Law Schools must hear this all the time, but I am not a good test taker. I am wondering if anyone here thinks I have a good reason to submit a note about my LSAT score with my application. About me: 3.84 GPA from a top 10 undergraduate university (unfortunately my LSAC GPA is a 3.79 because of study abroad :x )...took LSAT 3 times and received a 165, 162, 164. If I have a case it is this: For my undergrad university the 25/75 ACT range is 33 to 35, I was (by some miracle) accepted with a score of 29. I was far below the bottom 25% score and I graduate in the top 25% of my class....do yall think this is compelling evidence for saying that a test score does not adequately reflect my ability to preform in school. Also, I specifically chose a professor whose class only consists of a midterm and final in-class exam and asked him to mention my performance on these, so schools will know that I can take tests. Lol this is a problem I have had since elementary school...despite being a native speaker I was placed in an ESL class in 3rd grade because I couldn't pass some arbitrary standardized test. I know I have no shot at schools like HYS with my LSAT score, but I am really looking at Georgetown (currently work on the Hill and would love to continue after graduation) and University of Texas (family ties + work for member of TX delegation). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Last edited by cam1992 on Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mjb447

Silver

Re: Submitting LSAT score addendum

Post by mjb447 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:15 pm

I wouldn't bother - like you said, this is a pretty run-of-the-mill excuse.

cam1992

New

Re: Submitting LSAT score addendum

Post by cam1992 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:13 pm

Thanks. That is the answer I needed to hear.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”