How much does work experience and more specifically, an internship really help your application Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
OlegPerry97

New

How much does work experience and more specifically, an internship really help your application

Post by OlegPerry97 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:42 pm

I understand the gravity that your lSAT and GPA score have on schools accepting you and the scholarships that they give. I'm asking this, let's say they receive two identical applications with respect to the lSAT and GPA scores but one has a greater amount of work experience and has spent a summer interning with a firm. Let's also say they both are accepted, will this person with more experience outside of school receive a significantly larger amount in scholarship? I'm asking generally because obviously some jobs require more skill and training than others, as well as internships.

BigZuck

Diamond

Re: How much does work experience and more specifically, an internship really help your application

Post by BigZuck » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:46 pm

Scholarship amounts are almost certainly going to be tied to numbers

The types of work experience that would potentially move the needle are things that most mere mortals have never done. Rando K-JDs/people a couple years out aren't typically going to have that stuff. Working a random unpaid internship at a firm is not something that is going to give someone a boost when it comes to admissions.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”