Question About Schools Accepting February LSAT Scores Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Legallylawyer2020

Bronze

Question About Schools Accepting February LSAT Scores

Post by Legallylawyer2020 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:34 pm

Okay, so I completely understand that Harvard, Columbia and NYU do not accept February LSAT scores.

My question is this: do they not accept them, as in they don't take them into account at all even if you apply before their deadline with an earlier score or do they only say they don't accept it because the score release is after their application deadlines? I'm trying to figure out if they'll look at my February score even though I'm applying with my December score.

For example, is it only that you can't apply to those schools if you haven't taken the LSAT before the February test in the year you which to start law school (so February 2017 for those that want Fall 2017 admission) or is it that even if you have taken the LSAT before February 2017 and apply to the schools they won't take your February score into account?

I'm just a bit confused on that distinction.

katalina1

New

Re: Question About Schools Accepting February LSAT Scores

Post by katalina1 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:03 pm

I asked NYU this last year and this is what they told me:
Applicants are discouraged from taking the LSAT later than December 2015 in order to apply for the Fall 2016 semester. In previous admission cycles the Committee on Admissions has been able to review some applications from those who have sat for the February LSAT. Please keep in mind that while the Committee on Admissions tries to accommodate all applicants, scores from the February LSAT are not expected to be released until well after our deadline. You can wait to have this score added to your application, but it does put you at a competitive disadvantage due to how late it will be in the cycle. You also must have the rest of their application submitted prior to this deadline.

Legallylawyer2020

Bronze

Re: Question About Schools Accepting February LSAT Scores

Post by Legallylawyer2020 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:21 pm

katalina1 wrote:I asked NYU this last year and this is what they told me:
Applicants are discouraged from taking the LSAT later than December 2015 in order to apply for the Fall 2016 semester. In previous admission cycles the Committee on Admissions has been able to review some applications from those who have sat for the February LSAT. Please keep in mind that while the Committee on Admissions tries to accommodate all applicants, scores from the February LSAT are not expected to be released until well after our deadline. You can wait to have this score added to your application, but it does put you at a competitive disadvantage due to how late it will be in the cycle. You also must have the rest of their application submitted prior to this deadline.
Thank you!!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”