Non Traditional Resume Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
KME89

New

Non Traditional Resume

Post by KME89 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:18 am

Hey all,

I've been out of undergrad since 2011. I completed graduate school in 2014 (MPP) and am now applying to law school. I worked and had multiple internships in undergrad, I worked full time and had an internship while going to grad school at night, and now I've been working for a different company since getting my MPP. I have a lot of applicable experience, was the President of my class, VP of the academic affairs committee, and on the Board of Directors in undergrad, was on the Board of Directors for the only non-profit animal advocacy and welfare group in the State for a couple years, etc. I have both applicable work and volunteer experience. I'm concerned that it's not all going to fit on one page. Are two pages completely out of the question unless you're the most fabulous/incredible human on the planet? I don't want to go so in depth that it's too much/long and they're just not going to read it.

Any suggestions, personal experience, and articles you've come across on this subject would be most appreciated!

-K

Pozzo

Gold

Re: Non Traditional Resume

Post by Pozzo » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:27 am

Some schools require 1 page resumes; that requirement should be adhered to. For other schools, if you have extensive relevant experience, then from what I've read, it's fine to go onto a second page. Take a critical eye to your resume, though, and make sure everything on there is value added.

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:22 pm

I applied with a 2 page resume, and not much of my experience on there is carrying over to my employment resume. For law school application purposes, it doesn't really matter if they don't specify a length (but I wouldn't go over 2).

laqueredup

Bronze

Post by laqueredup » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:20 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”