Just cancelled LSAT for 2nd time Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
KillaKam92

New

Just cancelled LSAT for 2nd time

Post by KillaKam92 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:28 pm

So I just cancelled the LSAT for a 2nd time, completely bombed games. Really worried cuz I already have 2 absences on my record. will this be a deal breaker for me? Not even sure how to explain this to law schools

Im a URM AA male with a 3.1/163 if that helps

I'm just devastating right now not sure what I should do. Just hit my limit of 3 takes in 2 years too

ManoftheHour

Gold

Re: Just cancelled LSAT for 2nd time

Post by ManoftheHour » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:54 pm

I don't think schools care. I took 4 times. It did not affect my cycle. I got the expected results.

How long until you can take a 4th time? I canceled one of my takes after ALSO bombing the LG section. I studied a year for that retake so I felt really shitty after that. I got my best score on the 4th take and never looked back. If I were you, I would probably apply to schools while studying for the LSAT again. Weigh your options at the end.

KillaKam92

New

Post by KillaKam92 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:33 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:I don't think schools care. I took 4 times. It did not affect my cycle. I got the expected results.

How long until you can take a 4th time? I canceled one of my takes after ALSO bombing the LG section. I studied a year for that retake so I felt really shitty after that. I got my best score on the 4th take and never looked back. If I were you, I would probably apply to schools while studying for the LSAT again. Weigh your options at the end.
I took OCT. 15 FEB 16 and DEC 16 so im assuming next year? not really sure tho

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:16 pm

KillaKam92 wrote: I took OCT. 15 FEB 16 and DEC 16 so im assuming next year? not really sure tho
I forgot the exact rule, but yeah, I think your next take would have to be Oct '17 or Dec '17. That's a long time. If I were you, I would probably apply this cycle anyway. But I still would not take a deal you do not want. If none of the options seem suitable, then it might be best to sit out and retake.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”