January application/ December LSAT Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
kpadoreo

New

January application/ December LSAT

Post by kpadoreo » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:53 am

I'm taking the LSAT in December and will be sending out most applications the week following the test. Applications for my reach schools will be sent as soon as I get my score back early January. I'm wondering how long it usually takes to hear back from schools? I've looked on here as well as checked LSN and haven't been able to find much info for people applying after the December test. I want to know because I would like to visit schools once I hear back where I am accepted. I am Canadian and haven't ever been to some of the cities where I am applying, nor most of the schools.
For reference, all schools I'll apply to are top 10, in case that makes a difference. I also realize no one knows exactly how long it will take. I'm just trying to get an idea if I'll hear back in February or 2 days before the deadline to accept a seat.
Thanks!

Rigo

Diamond

Re: January application/ December LSAT

Post by Rigo » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:58 am

It depends on your numbers.
You can also visit during ASW in the spring like most people do.

toobig2lose

New

Re: January application/ December LSAT

Post by toobig2lose » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:31 pm

Depends on your numbers. I had friends who had stellar GPA and LSAT scores get admitted a 2 weeks after submitting their application. And, I know others who didn't get any decisions until after 1.5-2 months.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”