Addendum for LSAT absence? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
applicationquestions

New

Addendum for LSAT absence?

Post by applicationquestions » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:38 am

Hi all, would appreciate advice about whether or not I should write an addendum for being absent from the February LSAT test. I wasn't prepared and registered just for the experience, but decided not to go on test day. I didn't register for the June test, and I ended up getting the score I wanted in October. This is the addendum that I've written for the February absence, though I'm not sure if I should submit one at all:

I registered for the February LSAT exam shortly into my LSAT study in order to experience actual test conditions, but decided to take the test when I was more prepared.

cavalier1138

Re: Addendum for LSAT absence?

Post by cavalier1138 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:08 am

No.

There are basically no circumstances under which you should ever write an addendum for the LSAT.

applicationquestions

New

Post by applicationquestions » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:29 am

Thanks for the response! I was leaning toward not submitting one, but wanted to ask because Powerscore's site says I "might" want to submit one:

https://www.powerscore.com/lsat/help/absences.cfm
"You might want to provide a brief explanation via an addendum on your application, though, given that an absence does show up on your record and law schools know that you had the chance to withdraw your registration right up until midnight the day before."

But my case seems pretty minor.

toobig2lose

New

Post by toobig2lose » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:09 pm

I would ask Spivey Consulting about this. They have free consulting and might be willing to answer this question. Personally I would.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”