How much does a late application affect your chances? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Asterismos

New

How much does a late application affect your chances?

Post by Asterismos » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:45 pm

I have a 2.7 gpa and a 176 LSAT, and was diagnosed with ADHD this past summer by a psychiatrist (after a psychologist had told me in spring that he thought I had "severe attention issues"). After working with the psych & the treatment plan, i noticed a huge difference, and received straight A's in the summer classes I took after I started working with her. I started school again for my senior year and I wanted to hold off on submitting my applications until I get my fall quarter grades (end of Dec, beginning of Jan) to show solid proof that the low gpa is something that was due to an issue and is now fixed, even if it won't change my gpa much, as well as to get a much stronger rec from a professor I've been working with this quarter.

Will the fact that the app is going in late make a huge impact in my admissions decisions (which are a bit up in the air anyway given my splitter status)? I was going to have the apps and recs all ready to go, and submit them as soon as the grades are finalized and sent to the LSAC?

Rigo

Diamond

Re: How much does a late application affect your chances?

Post by Rigo » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:36 pm

1.5-2 months is a long time to wait for something that won't move you above 25th percentiles. If you're ready to go, I'd go now.

On the other hand, you're likely going to have to ride out the cycle anyways.

Apply to WUSTL just in case you weren't planning on it.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”