ED Strategy Advice for Super Splitter Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
LawMan16

New

ED Strategy Advice for Super Splitter

Post by LawMan16 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:10 am

Hi all,
I am a "super splitter" with somewhat oddball credentials, and would appreciate some advice from the experts here on where to apply, and how to best utilize early decision. My credentials are:

LSAT: *
LSAC GPA: *
Degree GPA: *
Non-URM
Softs: *

I am DC-based, and GULC is my absolute top choice, though a reach with my poor GPA. I've read conflicting accounts of whether ED is a help or hindrance there, and wondered what the experts here thought.If I apply ED at GULC tomorrow and get a rejection in mid-November, have I harmed my chances at other schools?

My other potential ED options include UVA, NU, Penn and USC. Is there anywhere else I should definitely apply, whether ED or RD?

Thanks for any guidance you can provide!
Last edited by LawMan16 on Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clearly

Gold

Re: ED Strategy Advice for Super Splitter

Post by Clearly » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:08 am

Enjoy NU lol

floatie

Silver

Post by floatie » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:46 pm

A few things to consider:
1. GULC is not great about scholarships. If you apply ED, you're going, even if that means going at full price.Is that okay with you?
2. Northwestern, UT Austin, and probably a few other schools do offer decent scholarships for ED candidates. I think Northwestern's is the best ($150k, if I remember correctly). Take advantage of that
3. At the end of the day, only apply ED to a school that you actually WANT to go to.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:17 pm

floatie wrote:A few things to consider:
1. GULC is not great about scholarships. If you apply ED, you're going, even if that means going at full price.Is that okay with you?
2. Northwestern, UT Austin, and probably a few other schools do offer decent scholarships for ED candidates. I think Northwestern's is the best ($150k, if I remember correctly). Take advantage of that
3. At the end of the day, only apply ED to a school that you actually WANT to go to.
Very unlikely to get NU ED with that GPA. But with the work experience he'll get in RD.

floatie

Silver

Post by floatie » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:46 pm

Clearly wrote:
floatie wrote:A few things to consider:
Very unlikely to get NU ED with that GPA. But with the work experience he'll get in RD.
Perhaps (and probably)...but if OP is really set on NU it's still worth a shot.

LawMan16

New

Post by LawMan16 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:52 pm

Thanks so much for all of the advice - has been enormously helpful.

I never realized the application process would be more stressful than the LSAT!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”