Brand new company should be included in resume? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
LionKillerBJJ

New

Brand new company should be included in resume?

Post by LionKillerBJJ » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:50 pm

My friend and I are starting a munitions dealing company and are in the process of getting state and federal licenses and incorporating.

This may be a good thing to add as I have to really dig into the laws and deal with state and federal agencies.

Could be a bad thing because we aren't up and running yet (should be by the time these are ready for viewing) and we haven't done much but research and fill out applications.

Other than that I have a training business and a family business I've been running for years. I won't be including my pet time retail jobs in my 20s.

Thanks

Blueprint Mithun

Bronze

Re: Brand new company should be included in resume?

Post by Blueprint Mithun » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:13 pm

LionKillerBJJ wrote:My friend and I are starting a munitions dealing company and are in the process of getting state and federal licenses and incorporating.

This may be a good thing to add as I have to really dig into the laws and deal with state and federal agencies.

Could be a bad thing because we aren't up and running yet (should be by the time these are ready for viewing) and we haven't done much but research and fill out applications.

Other than that I have a training business and a family business I've been running for years. I won't be including my pet time retail jobs in my 20s.

Thanks
Your resume is a soft factor that most admissions committee typically won't spend very much time looking at. So don't stress it too much either way. I'd say go for it, especially if it's something that comes up in your personal statement or some other essay. But you won't be scrutinized for this.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”