Electronic Letter of Recommendation Format Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
intlapp

New

Electronic Letter of Recommendation Format

Post by intlapp » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:19 am

Hi there!

Lucky to find this great place for everything law school related! And I have a silly (or not?) question about LoR.

I'm an international applicant and have recently asked one of my professors to write a LoR for me. The problem is that neither the professor nor I am particularly clear about the LSAC electronic LoR format.

Specifically, when the professor is submitting a LoR through the LSAC electronic system, should the address of the recipient and the professor be included in the letter opening? Since in this case the recipient is LSAC, the address of the recipient would be:

Law School Admission Council
662 Penn Street
Newtown PA 18940
USA

Right?

We are a bit confused because according to one of my friends who applied last cycle there will be an electronic form accompanying the letter that contains all the addresses, therefore no address needs to be included in the letter itself. Is this the case? Or should the letter includes everything regardless of what the form says?

Thanks in advance if anyone can share some of your thoughts!

cavalier1138

Re: Electronic Letter of Recommendation Format

Post by cavalier1138 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:53 am

If they're submitting the form electronically, then there's no need for an address. You aren't actually submitting this letter to LSAC. LSAC is just the intermediary for forwarding the letter to any institution you tell them to.

intlapp

New

Post by intlapp » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:06 am

cavalier1138 wrote:If they're submitting the form electronically, then there's no need for an address. You aren't actually submitting this letter to LSAC. LSAC is just the intermediary for forwarding the letter to any institution you tell them to.
Thank you very much for your reply!

So does that mean the letter should just start directly with "to the admissions committee" part without address at all?

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:59 am

intlapp wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:If they're submitting the form electronically, then there's no need for an address. You aren't actually submitting this letter to LSAC. LSAC is just the intermediary for forwarding the letter to any institution you tell them to.
Thank you very much for your reply!

So does that mean the letter should just start directly with "to the admissions committee" part without address at all?
That should be fine.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”