Help with Resume Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
abcdefg1234567

Bronze

Help with Resume

Post by abcdefg1234567 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:46 pm

Is it okay to exceed 1 page for my resume? I recently went to UCI to do a campus visit and the admissions dean said they dont want us to leave out any experience etc. But how would other law schools feel about that? Specifically boalt, ucla, usc?

Also, I'm hoping someone with experience might be willing to look it over and let me know what they think of it.

Thanks in advance!!

evanesco

New

Re: Help with Resume

Post by evanesco » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:24 pm

Last edited by evanesco on Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hildegard15

Gold

Post by Hildegard15 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:31 pm

OP it is 100% ok to exceed one page. Spivey wrote a blog post about this exact topic if I remember correctly. This isn't like a job application. Schools will appreciate a resume that is easy to read over one where you are trying to cram in everything on a single page. My resume for law school was a page and a half. I also would be happy to take a look at your resume if you would like.

ms9

Gold

Post by ms9 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:46 am

Hildegard15 wrote:OP it is 100% ok to exceed one page. Spivey wrote a blog post about this exact topic if I remember correctly. This isn't like a job application. Schools will appreciate a resume that is easy to read over one where you are trying to cram in everything on a single page. My resume for law school was a page and a half. I also would be happy to take a look at your resume if you would like.
You actually worded it better than I did, but yes that :)

abcdefg1234567

Bronze

Post by abcdefg1234567 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:13 pm

Hildegard15 wrote:OP it is 100% ok to exceed one page. Spivey wrote a blog post about this exact topic if I remember correctly. This isn't like a job application. Schools will appreciate a resume that is easy to read over one where you are trying to cram in everything on a single page. My resume for law school was a page and a half. I also would be happy to take a look at your resume if you would like.

Thanks for clearing that up. I read Spivey's blog post and it was extremely helpful.

If the offer to take a look at mine is still on the table, I'll take you up on that!

Hildegard15

Gold

Post by Hildegard15 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:29 pm

abcdefg1234567 wrote:

Thanks for clearing that up. I read Spivey's blog post and it was extremely helpful.

If the offer to take a look at mine is still on the table, I'll take you up on that!
Absolutely, I'm happy to help! Feel free to send it my way.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”