Recommended number of 300 level courses Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
NickAdamo

New

Recommended number of 300 level courses

Post by NickAdamo » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:29 pm

I'm currently undergrad and i'm on pace to finish a double major in political science and history with a minor in sociology in 3 years. I already took two 300 level courses and i'm on pace to take 7 by time my degree is finished. I have two spots for electives and I was planning on taking some interesting 200 level courses but I was wondering if 7 300 level courses are enough to make a good impression with law school admissions? Perhaps I would be better served taking extra 300 level courses and bringing the total up to 9. I know GPA is very important, i'm currently at 3.8 and I got an A in both 300 classes I have already taken.

I'm just curious if there is a recommended number of 300 level credits to take for law school admissions purposes??? Any knowledge on the subject is appreciated.

maybeman

Bronze

Re: Recommended number of 300 level courses

Post by maybeman » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:31 pm

They're irrelevant. Take what's interesting to you, but don't take particularly hard classes if they will negatively affect your GPA. Maybe a very minor boost if you already have top numbers for YS

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:32 pm

NickAdamo wrote:I'm currently undergrad and i'm on pace to finish a double major in political science and history with a minor in sociology in 3 years. I already took two 300 level courses and i'm on pace to take 7 by time my degree is finished. I have two spots for electives and I was planning on taking some interesting 200 level courses but I was wondering if 7 300 level courses are enough to make a good impression with law school admissions? Perhaps I would be better served taking extra 300 level courses and bringing the total up to 9. I know GPA is very important, i'm currently at 3.8 and I got an A in both 300 classes I have already taken.

I'm just curious if there is a recommended number of 300 level credits to take for law school admissions purposes??? Any knowledge on the subject is appreciated.
If you don't have a sum of 300 level courses that equals 3000+, you're doing it wrong.

maybeman

Bronze

Post by maybeman » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:36 pm

lymenheimer wrote:
NickAdamo wrote:I'm currently undergrad and i'm on pace to finish a double major in political science and history with a minor in sociology in 3 years. I already took two 300 level courses and i'm on pace to take 7 by time my degree is finished. I have two spots for electives and I was planning on taking some interesting 200 level courses but I was wondering if 7 300 level courses are enough to make a good impression with law school admissions? Perhaps I would be better served taking extra 300 level courses and bringing the total up to 9. I know GPA is very important, i'm currently at 3.8 and I got an A in both 300 classes I have already taken.

If you don't have a sum of 300 level courses that equals 3000+, you're doing it wrong.

Poor advice. Last I checked, Harvard updated their number to 3600. Don't listen to this guy

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:38 pm

maybeman wrote:
lymenheimer wrote:

Poor advice. Last I checked, Harvard updated their number to 3600. Don't listen to this guy
Says the guy who originally said they were irrelevant. GTFO here with your 7 posts bro. I CLEARLY know more than you.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TLSModBot

Diamond

Post by TLSModBot » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:41 pm

If you're not STRIVING with graduate-level courses (that generally require special school approval fyi) then you're not really serious about the ACADEMIC RIGOR that law school requires. YHSCCN will laugh your ass out of the room. Maybe Georgetown will take you though; they're not super picky.

maybeman

Bronze

Post by maybeman » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:42 pm

lymenheimer wrote:
maybeman wrote:
lymenheimer wrote:

Says the guy who originally said they were irrelevant. GTFO here with your 7 posts bro. I CLEARLY know more than you.
double digits dawg. I'm legit

emkay625

Gold

Post by emkay625 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:49 pm

I have no idea what a 300 level/200 level course is.

Whatever you are talking about, no, it will not matter.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”