LSAC transcripts question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
O.J.

Bronze

LSAC transcripts question

Post by O.J. » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:33 pm

Sorry if this has already been asked. I've entered all my UG colleges, including former community colleges (6 in total) that I attended, and now I'm clicking on the "Transcript Request Form". From the looks of the form, I think it's asking me to walk this into those institutions, is that correct? I'm not driving to 6 colleges to do this. How did you guys go about sending the colleges these forms for transcript requests? Did you fax this form to them? Mail it?

Thanks, just a little confused by this proces, thanks again!

UltimateSplitter

Bronze

Re: LSAC transcripts question

Post by UltimateSplitter » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:42 pm

What most community colleges will do is send them over the electronic clearing house (I can't remember the exact name). If you look at the LSAC transcript info page, it states that they accept scripts only through a few electronic sources. I sent my cc transfer credits for around $3 via the electronic clearing house. Faxing could be an option if the colleges that don't support that have accommodating registrars. Check each schools' transcript request page.

cavalier1138

Re: LSAC transcripts question

Post by cavalier1138 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:45 pm

It depends on the school.

A lot of schools do online transcript delivery, so I'd recommend checking for that before sending them the LSAC form. But for the schools that don't do it online, you can generally mail, fax, or in some cases, scan and e-mail. Call the registrar's office at each school (or check their site), and they'll generally provide specific instructions.

But no, you do not need to physically bring the form in anywhere.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”