Removed Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
finaciardi

New

Removed

Post by finaciardi » Sun May 08, 2016 10:49 pm

Last edited by finaciardi on Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lymenheimer

Gold

Re: Letters of Rec portfolio - must include transcript?

Post by lymenheimer » Mon May 09, 2016 12:03 am

"Dear prof.

I am preparing applications for law school and would like for you to be one of my recommenders. Are you available to write a positive letter on my behalf? If you dont recall, I was in your x class during y year. I am interested in law school because z. I have attached my resume for reference and can provide any other information that could help you with this and I am open to speaking over the phone to catch up if you'd prefer. Unfortunately I am out of the country so a personal visit won't be possible, but again, I am more than happy to catch up over the phone.

Sincerely,
I'mwayoverthinkingthis
Aka. It'snotrocketscience
Aka. Jfc"

finaciardi

New

Post by finaciardi » Mon May 09, 2016 12:52 am

lymenheimer wrote:"Dear prof.

Sincerely,
I'mwayoverthinkingthis
Aka. Jfc"
LOL as sarcastic as it is, I appreciate your reply. Good to know I may be overthinking this. Thanks!
Last edited by finaciardi on Thu May 11, 2017 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Mon May 09, 2016 9:32 am

finaciardi wrote:
lymenheimer wrote:"Dear prof.

Sincerely,
I'mwayoverthinkingthis
Aka. Jfc"
LOL as sarcastic as it is, I appreciate your reply. Good to know I may be overthinking this. Just wanted to be safe than sorry since I already have a huge disadvantage (gpa). Thanks.
oh and fwiw - All I gave my professors was my resume and basically what amounted to a cover letter on what schools i was interested in and why i wanted to go to law school. one did everything over email and the other met with me during office hours one day to flesh out some of her questions.

WhatsGood

Silver

Post by WhatsGood » Wed May 11, 2016 4:11 am

all of my professors asked for the specific materials they required to write their letters, so if I were you I would just preemptively ask them what they need when you send your initial email. Some asked for transcripts, others didn't.

Re personal statement, I didn't have my essay finished when my professors were writing their recommendations, but I did give them bullet points and a basic outline of what I was planning on writing about, as well as my general application strategy (stengths/weakness of my app + how I was planning to address each). I was pretty involved with my recommenders and asked each professor to address one of my particular weaknesses in their letter. They all seemed to really appreciate me being specific with what I needed from them, as it helped them write a better and more concise letter.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”