U. of Arizona Law GRE in lieu of LSAT policy Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Rigo

Diamond

U. of Arizona Law GRE in lieu of LSAT policy

Post by Rigo » Thu May 05, 2016 11:12 pm

Nachoo2019

Silver

Re: U. of Arizona Law GRE in lieu of LSAT policy

Post by Nachoo2019 » Thu May 05, 2016 11:21 pm

IMO Arizona accepting GRE test takers with high scores would be 100x better than the for-profit dumpster fires admitting students who score in the 130s on the LSAT.

The question is... Are they taking GRE test takers with high scores? Or is it a way for them to take less qualified people without having to report the low LSAT scores?

asdfdfdfadfas

Silver

Re: U. of Arizona Law GRE in lieu of LSAT policy

Post by asdfdfdfadfas » Fri May 06, 2016 1:53 am

Nachoo2019 wrote:IMO Arizona accepting GRE test takers with high scores would be 100x better than the for-profit dumpster fires admitting students who score in the 130s on the LSAT.

The question is... Are they taking GRE test takers with high scores? Or is it a way for them to take less qualified people without having to report the low LSAT scores?
I think it's safe to say the latter. Why would they switch to the GRE in the first place? To expand their applicant pool of people who have taken the GRE instead of the LSAT considering going to grad school. Why not just now go to law school now, I heard that's better than a PHD in communications or sociology or philosophy or bla bla bla.

Just my initial reaction.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”