What to do? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
confusedgirl

New

What to do?

Post by confusedgirl » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:47 am

Hey everybody!
Sp i have evaluated all my options and narrowed them down to two.pay sticker at berkeley or going to GW with 105K scholarship. I wanna work at a firm called baker and mckenzie, they have offices in DCand San Fransisco and so they hire from both schools. Any advice?

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Re: What to do?

Post by Barack O'Drama » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:52 am

confusedgirl wrote:Hey everybody!
Sp i have evaluated all my options and narrowed them down to two.pay sticker at berkeley or going to GW with 105K scholarship. I wanna work at a firm called baker and mckenzie, they have offices in DCand San Fransisco and so they hire from both schools. Any advice?

Of course the collected TLS knowledge is to retake and get your LSAT/GPA up so you can get some $$$ at Berkeley. I had a friend who had a 3.6 and 171 who got good money from Berkeley. Also, truly keep that in mind if you had a GPA and LSAT score to get you $$ at GW, I'm sure a few more points could get you some money at Berkeley. This is almost 100% the right move.

If this isn't an option, I would ask yourself where you want to work DC or San Fran and make your choice more based on that. Berk is great, but at sticker you'd have a large sum of loans at graduation.
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clemenceau

Silver

Post by Clemenceau » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:04 am

Don't pick a firm before you pick a school. Pick a school that's likely to get you employed in the field where you want to work. Berkeley places well in biglaw firms like baker mackenzie, but sticker price is nuts. GW places ok but not great into big firms. Neither is a great option tbh.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:24 am

confusedgirl wrote: I wanna work at a firm called baker and mckenzie,
How did you decide this?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”