Weird cycle? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
MisterT

New

Weird cycle?

Post by MisterT » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:38 am

Hi everyone

This has been a slightly annoying cycle for me. It is a fact that high scoring applicants are up this time around, as well as the overall number of applications. Must be the economy, stupid. Anyway, after hearing back from all but one school yet, I am slightly underwhelmed at the outcome. I applied to all T14 schools and have been waitlisted by EVERY single one (bar HLS, Berkeley and Yale who dinged me + Stanford who I have yet to hear back from). Not one acceptance. So I have decided to accept an offer for a 1 year MSc at the London School of Economics - my plan B - and wait a year or two before applying again.

So here are my stats:
  • International Undergrad but US citizen

KJD

174/"Average" trancript evaluation

Above average softs (acc. to TLS forum definition)
And here are my theories on what went wrong:
  • I applied at the very end of the cycle

I am a "splitter" in a splitter-unfriendly cycle (I am actually in the top 10% of my class and wrote an addendum/had my school acknowledge, but alas LSACs evaluation remained even after I had them look at it again.. this in itself was a big let down but nothing could be done)

My undergraduate degree is only 3 years im length - on my LSAC transcript evaluation this meant my degree wasn't equivalent to a US degree. Berkeley and Yale specifically said this would make me ineligible wheras a WL from other schools suggest this isn't always the case.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? I know that there aren't many international applicants and thus schools may not know how to deal with them as well or may see me as a liability.. but honestly I never thought that I would get a WL from every single school. It could well be a combination of any of the above, or something I haven't thought of. Please understand I'm just looking for possible answers, so open to any theories. It would seem if I was really such an unattractive applicant that I would have been dinged at some of the better schools like Chicago, but honestly I have no clue what to make of it all. :?: :?: :?:

Cheers.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”