Penn State Law now on LST Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Nachoo2019

Silver

Penn State Law now on LST

Post by Nachoo2019 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:09 pm

Anyone notice this? They are on it now and their LST score tops Nova for the second best rating in PA....
I think this could be some encouraging news for the school.

any thoughts?

here is the link http://www.lstscorereports.com/schools/ ... te/trends/

ddoomm

New

Re: Penn State Law now on LST

Post by ddoomm » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:29 pm

The link appears to combine both main campus and the original law school of Dickinson. They are now two separately accredited law schools. Looks at the 509s from both schools, Dickinson's LSAT score are significantly higher than University Park's. Either way, this does appear to be good news!

Nachoo2019

Silver

Post by Nachoo2019 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:29 pm

ddoomm wrote:The link appears to combine both main campus and the original law school of Dickinson. They are now two separately accredited law schools. Looks at the 509s from both schools, Dickinson's LSAT score are significantly higher than University Park's. Either way, this does appear to be good news!
Yeah, I see that, but LSAT scores do not translate to employment stats....

ddoomm

New

Post by ddoomm » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:32 pm

kwabedi wrote:
ddoomm wrote:The link appears to combine both main campus and the original law school of Dickinson. They are now two separately accredited law schools. Looks at the 509s from both schools, Dickinson's LSAT score are significantly higher than University Park's. Either way, this does appear to be good news!

This is true, I was merely alluding to the fact (and correct me if I'm wrong) that that data is from both schools combined numbers.

Nachoo2019

Silver

Post by Nachoo2019 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:37 pm

ddoomm wrote:
kwabedi wrote:

This is true, I was merely alluding to the fact (and correct me if I'm wrong) that that data is from both schools combined numbers.
You are absolutely correct, but until the last class of students from the combined school(in 2017) it will be tough to tell...

Do you think it is wrong to treat them as equal in placement for now?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ddoomm

New

Post by ddoomm » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:22 pm

kwabedi wrote:
ddoomm wrote:
kwabedi wrote:

You are absolutely correct, but until the last class of students from the combined school(in 2017) it will be tough to tell...

Do you think it is wrong to treat them as equal in placement for now?
For now? Possibly not. But, within 2, 3, 4, years I think there will certainly be a bit of a gap between the two schools. Which way it tilts, that is the million dollar question!

yenisey

Bronze

Post by yenisey » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:52 am

kwabedi wrote:Anyone notice this? They are on it now and their LST score tops Nova for the second best rating in PA....
I think this could be some encouraging news for the school.

any thoughts?

here is the link http://www.lstscorereports.com/schools/ ... te/trends/
This page is always here. It didn't crop out from nowhere. Other pages such as stats, are still absent.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”