Postponing law school for a year Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Trev315

New

Postponing law school for a year

Post by Trev315 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:29 pm

After a less than appealing score on my LSAT, I've decided to postpone law school for a year. I was going to graduate in May and enroll in the upcoming fall. Instead, I'm graduating this December and planning on going to law school in the fall of next year.

I pretty much screwed up last semester (fall 15) and my gpa went down. However, lsac only has my gpa from all grades previous to that bad semester, since I was planning to have all applications in before the end of that semester.

My question is this: since I'm waiting a year to enroll, will I need to update my lsac transcript? As in, will I need to send lsac my updated transcripts from fall 15 and spring 16?
Last edited by Trev315 on Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

njkga

Bronze

Re: Postponing law school for a year

Post by njkga » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:41 pm

You absolutely will need to do so, yes.

Nagster5

Silver

Post by Nagster5 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:51 pm

Trev315 wrote:After a less than appealing score on my LSAT, I've decided to postpone law school for a year. I was going to graduate in May and enroll in the upcoming fall. Instead, I'm graduating this December and planning on going to law school in the fall of next year.

I pretty much screwed up last semester (fall 15) and my gpa went down. However, lsac only has my gpa from all grades previous to that bad semester, since I was planning to have all applications in before the end of that semester.

My question is this: since I'm waiting a year to enroll, will I need to update my lsac transcript? As in, will I need to send lsac my updated transcripts from fall 15 and spring 16?
Yeah, all grades before receiving your first 4 year degree are required. Schools probably won't even look at your app until you update. They only do this for those who are still in school, and even then you still have to send them updated transcripts.

Abraham Lincoln Uni.

Bronze

Post by Abraham Lincoln Uni. » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:48 pm

You will likely need to submit your transcripts from those dates. If you are concerned, you may always

contact LSAC directly and see what the protocol is for this situation when wanting to postpone.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”