Sending an "Updated" Transcript Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
FredTheFish

New

Sending an "Updated" Transcript

Post by FredTheFish » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:56 pm

I was recently waitlisted by 2 schools, both of which I have competitive numbers for admissions. In the emails from the schools, they both mention that if I were to send in any additional information, such as an updated transcript or a new award/achievement, etc, they would re-evaluate my file.

I just finished a first-session class this semester (it's a 1 credit hour class that was only a few weeks long) and earned a grade for it, meaning I would have a new transcript reflecting this new grade. Odds are, since it is a 1 credit hour class, it won't change my GPA in the slightest.

Do you think it would be wise to send in a LOCI with my "updated" transcript, as trivial as that transcript difference would be? I was hoping this could prompt both schools to actually re-evaluate my application instead of simply putting my LOCI in my file, and maybe they'll come to a different conclusion (i.e. an acceptance) sooner rather than towards the summer.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: Sending an "Updated" Transcript

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:04 pm

If nothing has really changed, why would they re-evaluate anything?

FredTheFish

New

Post by FredTheFish » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:14 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:If nothing has really changed, why would they re-evaluate anything?
I don't know why they necessarily would either, but the email made it sound like any new criteria would make them re-evaluate it. It seems like if I just send only an LOCI, they won't really look into it for awhile, while if I send any new info they might re-evaluate the whole thing sooner rather than later. I was hoping maybe someone else in admissions decides they like my app a little more on the second read.

seashell.economy

Bronze

Post by seashell.economy » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:22 pm

No. Not even if you got an A+ for that class - it's just one credit! They would probably find that update annoying. Hold off until you get your spring transcript and send that in.

FredTheFish

New

Post by FredTheFish » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:27 pm

seashell.economy wrote:No. Not even if you got an A+ for that class - it's just one credit! They would probably find that update annoying. Hold off until you get your spring transcript and send that in.
That's what I was worried about! I'll just go with the LOCI and maybe visit both places.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”