College or University Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
FloridaLaw01

New

College or University

Post by FloridaLaw01 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:01 pm

I am going to be receiving my AA degree after this semester at a local state college. I have a 3.6 gpa and I am a member of an honors club. The state college I currently attend also offers bachelor degrees. I was wondering if I stayed at this college to complete a bachelor's degree, would it not look good to law schools?

fliptrip

Gold

Re: College or University

Post by fliptrip » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:05 pm

I don't think it's going to matter as long as this place is accredited. Your GPA and LSAT will trump all.

FloridaLaw01

New

Post by FloridaLaw01 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:04 am

fliptrip wrote:I don't think it's going to matter as long as this place is accredited. Your GPA and LSAT will trump all.
Yes, the school is accredited. Thank you for the reply.

capricasixx

Silver

Post by capricasixx » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:34 pm

FloridaLaw01 wrote:
fliptrip wrote:I don't think it's going to matter as long as this place is accredited. Your GPA and LSAT will trump all.
You should be fine, then. Schools claim to factor in the difficulty of the coursework at your undergrad institution, but in reality they are slaves to the USNWR rankings which are calculated solely out of your GPA/LSAT score.

FloridaLaw01

New

Post by FloridaLaw01 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:31 pm

capricasixx wrote:
FloridaLaw01 wrote:
You should be fine, then. Schools claim to factor in the difficulty of the coursework at your undergrad institution, but in reality they are slaves to the USNWR rankings which are calculated solely out of your GPA/LSAT score.
Ok I see, I might just finish my bachelor's degree at the college I attend right now since it is cheap with pretty good professors. Thank you for the reply.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”