For late applicants Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Fetyukovich

New

For late applicants

Post by Fetyukovich » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:07 pm

For those of us who applied in late January / Feb, how long would we generally need to wait until we hear back from schools? Is the decision timeline compressed because we applied late? (I imagine this would be the case, since schools need to fill their classes and get deposits down for the Fall term).

What is the latest/earliest that people in this situation hear back from schools? I would be loath to wait until May...

Fetyukovich

New

Re: For late applicants

Post by Fetyukovich » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:56 pm

Anyone apply late in prior cycles?

GMasters5

Bronze

Post by GMasters5 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:48 pm

It depends on the school really. You might hear back within a month from some schools, while some schools could take 3 months. There's a huge window here, and no one can really give you an accurate answer. Even if you did know you would still have to wait, so just don't stress about it. It's no longer in your hands, and you did all you could possibly do at this point.

rnoodles

Platinum

Post by rnoodles » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:25 pm

I went complete and sent out everything like third or fourth week of March last cycle. Emory got back to me in week (earliest), and ND got back to me late May (latest), if I'm not mistaken? So about 2 months was my experience, but even still I'd imagine this varies.

unfinishedthough

New

Post by unfinishedthough » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:31 pm

Last edited by unfinishedthough on Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

landshoes

Silver

Post by landshoes » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:43 pm

Some schools got back to me quickly...to waitlist me. The schools where I got substantial scholarship aid didn't admit me until the summer. You can't really predict anything about your cycle based on my cycle, though.

pterodactyls

Silver

Post by pterodactyls » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:07 am

I think most schools will give you an initial decision by April 1 or mid-April. So I would expect to hear from many of them in early March.

capricasixx

Silver

Post by capricasixx » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:14 pm

pterodactyls wrote:I think most schools will give you an initial decision by April 1 or mid-April. So I would expect to hear from many of them in early March.
For the love of Dog I hope you're right.

Abraham Lincoln Uni.

Bronze

Post by Abraham Lincoln Uni. » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:21 pm

It depends on the specific law school. Each school may have their own timeline, especially since the applicant pool differs each year. It is best to contact at least one or two of the schools you applied to and see what their timeline is. It may be anywhere between April and May, but once again it depends on the specific school.
Best of luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”