"This Section Does Not Apply to Me" error in submitted app Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
calgoldenbear

Bronze

"This Section Does Not Apply to Me" error in submitted app

Post by calgoldenbear » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:39 am

I realized that my programatic contribution section in my UCLA app showed up as "this section does not apply to me." I must've accidentally clicked it without realizing it or something. I can't think of any reason why UCLA would think it was okay to click on that and not answer the question. If you don't plan on contributing to the school, why would they want you, right? Anyway, I'm kind of freaking out. WHAT DO I DO? The deadline has passed and I already submitted. Do I email them? Do I call them? What do I say besides, I'm an idiot!?

rachellewrx

New

Re: "This Section Does Not Apply to Me" error in submitted app

Post by rachellewrx » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:35 am

I did the same thing.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:10 am

Just email and say that you caught an error when reading through your complete app, you must have checked the box before entering the information, and attach the information. Don't worry about it. Don't call.

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:38 am

calgoldenbear wrote:I can't think of any reason why UCLA would think it was okay to click on that and not answer the question. If you don't plan on contributing to the school, why would they want you, right?
Oh come on
Last edited by Danger Zone on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rachellewrx

New

Post by rachellewrx » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:50 am

To elaborate my reply earlier, I did the same thing INTENTIONALLy. I don't know what makes me so special that I can contribute to UCLA. I was worried about the consequence of not answering it,too. Then I did a search in this forum. It turned out that people have gotten into UCLA without answering this question before.

If you are worried about this, just write an email to them, telling that you click the box by mistake and here is your answer to that question.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”