CC Transcript? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
calgoldenbear

Bronze

CC Transcript?

Post by calgoldenbear » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:17 pm

Hello, so I fucked up and COMPLETELY forgot that I took 2 classes at a community college the summer after my junior year of high school. There was no point to taking these classes except that I wanted to look like I was doing something productive for my college applications. I only sent in my University transcript to LSAC. This transcript has a note of having taken two cc classes, and not receiving credit for them (although I got As in both). Do I need to submit a transcript for this as well? What do I do if some of the schools I'm applying to have the deadline as tomorrow? There is no way that the transcripts will be transferred that quickly. Help.

Sweetneers

New

Re: CC Transcript?

Post by Sweetneers » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:37 am

calgoldenbear wrote:Hello, so I fucked up and COMPLETELY forgot that I took 2 classes at a community college the summer after my junior year of high school. There was no point to taking these classes except that I wanted to look like I was doing something productive for my college applications. I only sent in my University transcript to LSAC. This transcript has a note of having taken two cc classes, and not receiving credit for them (although I got As in both). Do I need to submit a transcript for this as well? What do I do if some of the schools I'm applying to have the deadline as tomorrow? There is no way that the transcripts will be transferred that quickly. Help.
Send the update, but I wouldn't bother emailing schools. They'll get your updated transcript automatically. You got As in both classes, so it's not like it's going to hurt you.

capricasixx

Silver

Re: CC Transcript?

Post by capricasixx » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:48 pm

I had the EXACT same problem and nearly had a heart attack. Called every school I applied to and they all gave the same answer - have it sent to LSAC as soon as possible, and since the application shows as incomplete for now, they simply won't review it until the CC transcript is processed into CAS. Kinda sucky, but your apps still count as having been submitted on time and it won't hurt you in any way other than timing.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”