LOCI before decision Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
john1990

Silver

LOCI before decision

Post by john1990 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:12 pm

I am working on writing a letter of continued interest for my application which has yet to receive a decision. I feel that the contents add to my application in a way that compliments it. Is there any harm in submitting a LOCI before a decision is reached on my application?

lymenheimer

Gold

Re: LOCI before decision

Post by lymenheimer » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:35 pm

john1990 wrote:I am working on writing a letter of continued interest for my application which has yet to receive a decision. I feel that the contents add to my application in a way that compliments it. Is there any harm in submitting a LOCI before a decision is reached on my application?
A LOCI in and of itself sounds like a ridiculous idea before receiving a decision. You applied and have yet to withdraw your application, so obviously you are still interested. There are hundreds [thousands] of others who have yet to receive a decision as well. If you did not submit a "Why X?" essay with your application, that would probably be acceptable pre-decision. However, the most effective "I'm still interested in attending here for x, y, and z" is if you are waitlisted.

eta: oh yea you're that guy. Don't send that, not even as a LOCI...

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”